Avocado toast gets all the attention, but growing up we always ate tomato toast. It’s rich, summery and a childhood favorite of mine. Now don’t get me wrong, I go hard on some avocado toast… but tomato toast holds a special place in my heart. With all the vine ripe tomatoes summer has to offer, you’d be missing out if you didn’t make this.
- Sliced sourdough bread
- Bragg’s extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- Ripe tomato
- Dried oregano
- Dried marjoram
- Salt, to taste
- Mix your finely grated garlic clove with a couple teaspoons of olive oil, then brush the mixture of your sourdough
- Slice your tomatoes and line the sourdough with as many as can fit
- Drizzle a little more of the garlic oil mixture over top
- Sprinkle with oregano, marjoram and salt to taste
- Toast until the bread is crispy and the tomatoes are wilted and bubbly
- Drizzle with a touch more olive oil if your heart desires and enjoy!
Recipe & photos are original