You may have caught on – I haven’t been cooking much lately. My work schedule has been, well, out of control. For the last several months I’ve been working 6 days a week and have found no time to play with my food. Basically food as been solely for nutrition (gulp down a protein shake on the go) rather than an act from the soul, in which it’s both an art and a vehicle for nutrients. Well folks – I’d love to say things have changed and I’m ready to dive back into the kitchen, but I can’t commit to such things just yet. Life is wild right now. My business continues to grow and expand (thank you God!), which requires much of my energy and time to make sure it’s a well oiled machine. Additionally, Trevor and I are moving into our new house soon and are preparing for our wedding which is in THREE MONTHS! So no, I may not be diving back into the kitchen anytime soon, but I did manage to whip up this surprisingly delicious, absolutely easy meal that spoke to my soul.. Did I mention it only takes 10 minutes? If I can make time for this, so can you!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 6oz can organic tomato paste
- 1 14oz can organic coconut milk
- 1 tsp of Pink Himalayan salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Optional: fresh basil and red pepper flakes to your liking
- Pasta of your choice, I love brown rice pasta the best
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Sautéed shrimp, scallops or other protein of choice
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, add the olive oil. Once hot add in the garlic and sauce until fragrant.
- Stir in the coconut milk, tomato paste and salt – bring to a rapid simmer, then reduce to low heat. Continue to cook for the next 10 minutes while you make your pasta. Make sure to stir it occasionally, it should be thickening up nicely.
- Drain your pasta, then toss it in the sauce. Serve with protein of your choice, freshly grated cheese, basil and red pepper flakes.
Recipe: My own. Photo cred: Canva