What day is it? Do you even wear regular clothes anymore or have you just embraced pajamas? Don’t worry… this soup won’t pull you away from your very busy schedule of binge watching Netflix for too long. It’s one of the fastest soups you’ll ever make and it’s packed with a hearty amount of vitamin A, Vitamin K, B vitamins, potassium and fiber. Get ready to cuddle with a big bowl of this perfectly spiced soup as you hit ‘next episode’ on your 4th consecutive hour of binging Netflix. I mean – quarantine life, am I right?
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 onion, diced
3-inch piece of ginger, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 teaspoon cardamon
1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
3/4 teaspoon rosemary
3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
8 cups carrots, roughly diced
2 tablespoons maple syrup
3 cups unsweetened plant-based milk
4 cups vegetable broth
Salt, to taste
- In a stock pot over medium heat add the coconut oil. Once melted add the onion, ginger and garlic – sauté for 5-6 minutes.
- Next add all the spices, continue to sauté for another 2 minutes
- Add in the carrots, maple syrup, plant milk and broth.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. You can also wait until it’s cooled before transferring to a blender.
- Salt to taste
- Garnish with optional chopped chives before serving
Photo by Canva