Whipped cream is so easy to make that there really is no reason at all to purchase the store bought variety. This whipped cream is sweetened with maple instead of the traditional powdered sugar as maple is a less refined, more nutrient dense sweetener. Learn how to make this and you’ll elevate so many of your favorite dessert recipes from key lime pie to simple berries and cream!
- 1 pint organic whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup, more or less to taste
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- In a stand mixer add all your ingredients. Beat until thick peaks form. Be mindful not to over beat as it’ll get clumpy and butter like!
- Taste and adjust for more maple or vanilla, depending on your personal preference
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a week. You can also freeze and thaw in the fridge prior to using. Trust me, it won’t last that long!
Original Recipe & Photo