Elderberries are high in Vitamin A, Bioflavonoids, Vitamin C and many minerals! It is made into a delicious tonic that can be taken daily for health maintenance and immune support. It’s super easy to make as it’s only 3 ingredients. Making an Elderberry tonic is much more affordable than buying it pre-made – so give it a go!
3/4 cup Dried Organic Sambucus Nigra Elderberry (1 lb bag will make 4 batches)
3/4 – 1 cup Organic Raw Honey
3 cups water
Glass jars with lid
- Add the dried elderberry and water to a small pot over medium high heat. Simmer for 45 minutes to an hour, until liquid is reduced by half.
- Strain the liquid into a bowl.
- Mix in the honey. Add 1 cup of honey if you want this to be a thicker sweeter syrup, add 3/4 cups of honey if you prefer a thinner liquid tonic like shown in the video.
- Store in a glass container in the fridge for up to 3 months.
- Take 1 tablespoon a day for health maintenance, or more as needed for immune support.
Don’t throw away the strained elderberries! Immediately make a large batch of tea with the rehydrated elderberries by adding 3 cups of water and returning to a simmer for 4-6 minutes. Enjoy this warm or chilled.
For those of you who’d rather purchase it than make it, below are great options:
Gaia Organic Elderberry Syrup
Mary Ruth’s Sugar Free Elderberry Syrup
Learn more about the facts of
Elderberry & Covid-19
Photo by Canva