If you love orange chicken like me, you’ll love this healthier version. Unlike takeout orange chicken, this is not fried and the recipe calls for ground chicken instead. This makes for a quick dinner and with big flavors. We serve ours over cauliflower rice for an easy dinner bowl.
- Toasted Sesame oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 5 tbsp apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 2 TBSP water
- 2 TBSP liquid coconut aminos
- Zest of a small orange, juice of half the orange
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger root
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Garnish: Sliced scallion, black sesame seeds
- Serve with: Cauliflower rice, cooked to package instructions
- Heat a little toasted sesame oil to a pan, once hot brown the ground chicken.
- Make the sauce and set it aside: Combine ACV, 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil, liquid aminos, water, coconut aminos, zest and juice of half an orange to a bowl.
- When the chicken is thoroughly cooked add the ginger, garlic and pepper flakes – saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the sauce to the pan, bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile sauté your cauliflower rice until desired firmness.
- Serve orange chicken over cauliflower rice, garnish with scallions and sesame seeds
Looks fabulous , can’t wait to try it
Can’t wait to hear how you like it!