This is one of those kale salads that turns people onto Kale. I know, Kale isn’t the “it” vegetable anymore. But I promise you this Kale salad is worthy of serving to guests. It’s festive within itself: bright green Dino Kale that is jeweled with gorgeous burgundy dried cranberries which makes this the absolutely perfect addition to any winter dinner party.
- 2 bunches lacinato/dinosaur kale, very finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, from 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
Pecan-Parm Crumble Ingredients:
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Wash the chopped kale and spin then spin it dry and set aside at room temperature while you make the dressing.
- Mince the garlic, add it to a bowl along with the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well. Pour the dressing and cranberries over the kale and massage with your hands. Set in fridge for a minimum of 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the Pecan-Parm crumble: Roast the pecans at 350°F for 8 minutes. Remove from heat and let them cool, then add them to a food processor along with the nutritional yeast and olive oil and pulse until crumbly. Before serving, sprinkle the Pecan-Parm over top and gently toss.
Recipe from Oh She Glows