- This corn salad is an easy and delicious way to make use of all the fresh summer corn the season has to offer. It’s the perfect side to any BBQ or cookout that will impress the crowd. With sweetness from the corn that is balanced by the spice and freshness of the cilantro and jalapeño, this will surely be a recipe to add to your books.
- 5 ears of corn, roasted on the grill (you can also cut the kernels off and saute them in a pan over medium heat until cooked or you can purchase frozen corn in a bag, and saute until cooked)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed completely or partially depending on your heat preference, finely diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup scallions or red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup Queso Fresco cheese, crumbled
- 2 TBSP mayo
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 TSP salt, or to taste
- Cook your corn, either on the grill or in a pan.
- Add all ingredients, except for the cheese, into a large mixing bowl and throughly mix to incorporate the flavors.
- Toss in the crumbled cheese, gently mix it in
- Serve immediately or place in the fridge and served chilled when you’re ready for it. Mangia! (Let’s eat!)
Recipe adapted from Love and Lemons