These pears are sweet, decadent and encapsulate all of the delicious flavors that Autumn has to offer, making this a great seasonal dessert.
8 organic pears
1 teaspoon organic coconut oil
1 1/2 cups full fat coconut milk from a can, shaken to blend any natural separation
2 tablespoons of coconut sugar or maple syrup
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 Cinnamon Stick
Nutmeg, for garnish
- Slice the pears in half and core them using a melon baller or spoon.
- Add coconut oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Once the coconut oil is melted place the pears cut side down in the pan.
- Add 1 1/2 cups full fat coconut milk, the coconut sugar or maple and the salt to the pan along with the cinnamon stick. Stir with spoon to incorporate. Raise heat to medium high until it begins to bubble.
- Reduce heat to medium low and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes until sauce becomes thick like caramel, baste the pears with the caramel sauce every 3-5 minutes.
- Arrange the pears on a platter, drizzle with caramel sauce and top with a pinch of nutmeg (freshly grated if possible) over top.
- Serve immediately.
Photos: Trevor Walsh
Recipe Modified from Unknown Source