- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon caper brine
- 1 tablespoon powdered mustard
- 1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup raw cashews or slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Water to thin, about 1/2 cup
Slowly drizzle in the olive oil until the dressing is blended and creamy. Drizzle in water as needed to thin to desired consistency.
Spoon into a bowl and refrigerate for 40 minutes to allow flavors to come together. Place back in the food processor and reprocess, adding up to a 1/4 cup of water if necessary until desired consistency.
Spoon over your salad and enjoy.
Pro Tip: leftover dressing is actually amazing when used as a dip after it firms up in the fridge.
Photo from Canva