Bright & Floral Celery Soup
Celery is so underrated. It is often used to as the ultimate side-kick, the supporting role to all other vegetables. But if you start to pay it a little attention you’ll quickly realize it’s more than just a mineral dense green stalk. It’s a delightful vegetable that has floral, sweet and salty notes to it. This baby is standing front and center – ready to debut just how delightful and tantalizing it can be. With the right spices, this green stalk makes a surprisingly divine soup that is bright and uplifting!
1 tablespoon avocado or coconut oil
1 onion, chopped roughly
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 head of celery, cleaned & chopped roughly
1 large turnip or small dikon radish, chopped into small cubes
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon cardamon
1/2 teaspoon rosemary
1/2 teaspoon morjannm
8 cups broth of choice
A sprig of parsley or leafy sprig from the tops of the celery
- In a stock pot over medium heat add oil, once hot add the onion and saute until translucent.
- Toss in the garlic and cook another minute, until fragrant.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Using an immersion stick blend until smooth. If you don’t have one, allow the soup to cool before transferring to a blender and blending until smooth.
- Grate fresh lemon zest over each bowl before garnishing with parsley or celery tops before serving.
Photo by Canva