These deviled eggs are mildly pickled which gives them a little something extra in flavor but what really wows is that gorgeous pink color from the beets! Filled with a creamy center spiced with curry powder, these are an absolutely show stopper in both looks and flavor. With Mother’s Day around the corner these would make a great addition to a Mother’s Day Brunch!
- 6 free range, certified humane eggs
- 1 jar of pickled beets
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 piece of clove
- 3/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Garnish: fresh chives and dill
- Place the six eggs in a large pot, cover with water and then bring to a rolling boil. The moment it starts to boil remove from the heat and let sit for 15 minutes
- Take the eggs and place them in an ice bath for 2 minutes before gently peeling them
- In a bowl add the pickled beet juice (not the beets, safe those to snack on or use in a salad later on!) and the apple cider vinegar. Add the peeled eggs to the mixture along with the coriander, mustard and clove. Refrigerate for 12-24 hours
- Remove the pickled eggs from their brine and gentle cut them lengthwise, scooping out the yolk and placing it in a small bowl with the remainder of the ingredients (olive oil, mayo, mustard, curry powder, pepper) and mash until completely smooth. You may need to add a tablespoon or two of water to thin out the consistency.
- Using a piping bag or a spoon, fill the egg whites with the yolk mixture. Garnish with fresh chives and dill before serving.