Pancakes and Sunday Mornings – am I right? They’re quite the match. These pancakes are naturally sweet, light and do not leave you feeling lethargic! I also find these pancakes much more forgiving and easier to cook than traditional pancakes. You can jazz them up with your favorite fruits, nuts and warmed pure maple syrup or honey to your liking. Hellloooo Perfect Sunday Morning.
2 tablespoons chia seed
6 tablespoons of water
1 cup organic steel cut oats
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
3 ripe bananas
2 tablespoons organic unrefined coconut oil
2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons juice from an orange or lemon
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Additional fruit or nuts
Maple syrup or honey
- In a small bowl add your chia seeds and water. Let sit for 5 minutes until it’s gel-like in consistency.
- Meanwhile: In a high power blender add the steel cut oats and blend until it turns into a powder. It doesn’t have to be perfect, a little texture is okay.
- Pour the oat powder into a small bowl and mix in the baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In the blender you used previously add the bananas, chia gel, coconut oil, maple syrup, juice from the orange or lemon, and vanilla extract- blend until smooth.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients- add a dash of water if it needs to be thinned slightly.
- In a pan over medium heat add some coconut oil to prevent sticking, then pour a little batter down, cook for a couple minutes per side.
Serve with fresh fruit, nuts, pure organic maple syrup or honey to your liking.
Recipe Source: adapted from Cookie and Kate